Dry Ice Blasting has quickly become the preferred method for restoring homes and buildings affected by fire damage.
A fire can cause soot, smoke damage and charring to wood, brick, concrete and metal. This type of damage is unpleasant and holds odor. Traditionally, the methods to deal with these are sanding, scraping, wire brushing, soda blasting and sandblasting. All of the methods noted above are more labor intensive and far less effective when compared to Dry Ice Blasting.
Dry Ice Blasting will quickly, effectively remove the charring, soot and the odor in a fraction of the time when compared to other methods, while not damaging the surface (substrate). Additionally, there will be minimal mess to clean up as Dry Ice Blasting produces no by product waste as the dry ice sublimates and disappears back into the atmosphere. The only material removed is the dislodged contaminant. Dry Ice Blasting will produce a superior clean, with less mess and associated waste disposal cost and also eliminate the residue and odor of fire damage.
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting for Removing Fire and Soot Damage
Insurance, restoration, facilities and buildings contractors alike are quickly becoming aware of the immense benefits of using Dry Ice Blasting as part of their restoration work to restore buildings after a fire. The benefits of Dry Ice Blasting far outweigh those of traditional cleaning methods as well as being more effective and time efficient.
• Much faster than traditional clean up methods
• Less disruption and cost to the occupants
• Much more effective than traditional methods
• Provides effective removal of fire damage from intricate areas including plumbing, electrical, around fixtures and fittings
• No by product waste to cleanup – only the dislodged contaminant
• No residue left behind
• No blast media entrapment issues, as the dry ice sublimates (disappears back into the atmosphere)
• Environmentally sound cleaning process
• Removes Char, Soot and Odor from any Substrate.