Dry ice blasting is the most effective mold remediation solution. Mold remediation companies across North America are using dry ice blasting to reduce their remediation time by as much as 60-80% per project.
Mold requires proper, direct treatment in order to remove existing spores and inhibit future growth by removing any matter that can support growth.
According to the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) the dry ice blasting method is more successful for mold removal than other common techniques, including scraping, sanding and removal by wire brushing. It also reports that the dry ice method creates less need for clean-up after use and is as fast as another common method: baking soda blasting. The mold spore removal rate is close to 100 percent – more so than other methods.
Mold can be removed using dry ice cleaning from domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
Benefits of dry ice blasting when dealing with mold
Gone are the days for using messy and expensive mold remediation techniques. Dry ice blasting will achieve a better result while also inhibiting re-growth in a fraction of the time.
- Dry ice blasting can reduce remediation times by as much as 80% faster…. therefore, reducing displacement time
- Surface left completely dry, contaminant free and structurally intact
- Dry ice blasting inhibits the re-growth of mold as no moisture is added back into the surface during the dry ice blasting process
- The extreme cold temperature of the dry ice kills the bacteria and spores
- More cost effective as less manpower needed with dry ice cleaning
- Reduced cost of waste disposal, as no additional material is added to the process
- Complete mold removal even from tight spots, around nails, obstructions and hard to reach places – where wire brushing and sanding can not effectively access
- No safety issues around wiring, plumbing and electrical areas as dry ice cleaning is moisture free
- Reduces liability as exposure to harmful chemicals is eliminated